[NTG-context] Conflict between fr and cyrillic

Jean-Philippe Rey jean-philippe.rey at ecp.fr
Tue Aug 9 20:10:14 CEST 2011

Le 9 août 2011 à 17:53, Wolfgang Schuster a écrit :

> Am 06.08.2011 um 20:28 schrieb Jean-Philippe Rey:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I have an almost finished report inside which I need to typeset some russian words. I am using ConTeXt Standalone current (2011.05.18 18:04 MKII). Reading the wiki, it seems that there are no more fonts with cyrillic glyphs in this distribution. So I switched to XeTeX in order to use my system fonts. Unfortunately I stumbled into a problem when combining my fr settings with a font switching command.
>
> Have you considered to use MkIV:

Yes I have. I tried, but my MkII format doesn't work smoothly under MkIV. I am trying to convert it but I am afraid I won't be able to do it before my deadline.

> \usemodule[simplefonts]
>
> \setmainfontfallback[Times New Roman][range=cyrillic]
> \setmainfont[TeX Gyre Pagella]
>
> \starttext
> Example text from the wiki: Немного русского текста для пробы.
> \stoptext

Thank you for this example. It will be very useful once I manage to switch to MkIV.

Do you have a similar trick for chinese characters ?

--
Jean-Philippe Rey                 Professeur - École Centrale Paris
jean-philippe.rey at ecp.fr          92295 Châtenay-Malabry Cedex - France