[NTG-context] chemic module

Dr. Joel Carpio Mendoza blupmj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 11:25:15 CEST 2011

Hi!

I recently installed the MacTex 2011 distribution and has been trying to typeset some chemical formulas using ConTeXt MKIV (i.e. via ConTeXt (LuaTeX) engine of TeXShop). However, if I try to typeset the following

	\startformula
		\chemical{Na^+,+,Cl^-,GIVES,NaCl}
	\stopformula

I get

	Na+ + Cl—     GIVES     NaCl

(Note: The superscript "+" and "—" of the ions were correctly displayed.)

But if I use \chemical{GIVES} under the \startchemical \stopchemical environment, I am able to get the left arrow that it's supposed to produce in the chemical formula environment.

I know that the chemic module is already integrated in the ConTeXt MKIV but I just can't seem to do chemical typesetting the way I used to using the 2010 MacTeX distribution.

joel mendoza