[NTG-context] linenumbering and text backgrounds

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Mon Aug 1 03:37:06 CEST 2011

Hi,

Line numbering does not work well with text backgrounds (with
location=paragraph). Consider the following minimal example

\definetextbackground
   [test]
   [location=paragraph, alternative=0, frame=off, background=color, backgroundcolor=yellow]

\starttext
\startlinenumbering
   \starttest
     \dorecurse{20}{some random text}
   \stoptest
     \dorecurse{20}{continue text}
\stoplinenumbering
\stoptext

Notice that line numbers 1 and 2 are overprinted, and so are 6 and 7. I
can "fix" this by using "location=text", but that only highlights half of
the last line (while I want full line to be highlighted).

Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Aditya