[NTG-context] [beta] grid & head

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Jul 14 11:29:29 CEST 2011

On 14-7-2011 10:49, Philipp Gesang wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> the new beta appears to modify the behaviour of long headings on
> the grid. In the following example the chapter head moves up into
> the page header which it did not prior to the update (cf. mkii’s
> behaviour):

forget about mkii, we have a new and different mechanism

\setuplayout[grid=yes] \showgrid % tolerant] \showgrid

\setuppapersize[S6][S6]

\starttext

\setuphead[chapter][after=]

\definegridsnapping[MyOne]  [global,strut]
\definegridsnapping[MyTwo]  [local,strut]
\definegridsnapping[MyThree][global,strut,top:3]
\definegridsnapping[MyThree][local,strut,top:3]

\setuphead[chapter][grid=MyOne]   \startchapter[title={Global, Strut}]
              test \par test \par test \stopchapter
\setuphead[chapter][grid=MyTwo]   \startchapter[title={Local, Strut}]
              test \par test \par test \stopchapter
\setuphead[chapter][grid=MyThree] \startchapter[title={Global, Strut, 3
Top Lines}]  test \par test \par test \stopchapter
\setuphead[chapter][grid=MyFour]  \startchapter[title={Local, Strut, 3
Top Lines}]   test \par test \par test \stopchapter

\setuphead[chapter][grid=MyOne]   \startchapter[title={Global,\\Strut}]
              test \par test \par test \stopchapter
\setuphead[chapter][grid=MyTwo]   \startchapter[title={Local,\\Strut}]
              test \par test \par test \stopchapter
\setuphead[chapter][grid=MyThree] \startchapter[title={Global, Strut,\\3
Top Lines}] test \par test \par test \stopchapter
\setuphead[chapter][grid=MyFour]  \startchapter[title={Local, Strut,\\3
Top Lines}]  test \par test \par test \stopchapter

\stoptext

the question is, what are reasonable defaults (many more structural
elements will have a grid key)