[NTG-context] Current Commands/Columns

H. Hodges freelancer.hodges at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 23:06:45 CEST 2011

Is there some sort of guide to which commands are still used in ConTeXt or a
latest edition of the main manual? I downloaded a bunch of manuals
from the main website to learn from, and some of the commands aren't
affecting my output. I'm particularly confused about how to create
and setup columns. I've read about using

\setuplayout[columns=somenumber] with \layoutcolumnoffset{somecolumn},

\setupcolumns with \start, \stopcolumns, and \column, and

\setlayer[text][column=1]{some text}
(which doesn't seem to work at all) in the style guide.