[NTG-context] More chemic module woes

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Jun 20 20:03:42 CEST 2011

On 19-6-2011 2:25, Kip Warner wrote:
> Hey list,
>
> I am running ConTeXt version 2011.06.17 16:50 pulled from Adam's PPA.
>
>  From the Chemistry wiki article here,
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Chemistry
>
> , I am attempted to compile the water reaction example here:
> \usemodule[chemic]
> \startformula
>   \chemical{2H_2,+,O_2,->,2H_2O}
> \stopformula
>
> The image following it on the wiki looks as one would expect, but mine
> does not. I compiled the same code, but bracketed with \startstoptext
> and my generated PDF contains literally the following:
>
> 2H 2,+,O 2,–>,2H 2O
>
> Something's not right. Any ideas? I have tried it both with and without
> the texlive-math-extra package installed.

chemical support is not includes so best not load the chem module

\chemical{2H_2,+,O_2,->,2H_2O}

\startformula
     \chemical{2H_2}{}{}
\stopformula

\startformula
     \inlinechemical{2H_2,+,O_2,->,2H_2O}
\stopformula

\startchemicalformula
     \chemical{S}
     \chemical{+}
     \chemical{O_2}
     \chemical{GIVES}{violent}
     \chemical{\+{4}{S}\-{2}{O_2}}
\stopchemicalformula

the last case is bugged (i'll look into it, probably some interference
with recent math)