[NTG-context] verbatim text in MkIV and \installprettytype...

Marco netuse at lavabit.com
Sun Jun 12 14:25:38 CEST 2011

On  2011-06-12   Julian  Becker  <becker.julian at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Recently, I tried to typeset some verbatim MATLAB source
> codes in MkIV, but I can't  seem to be able to grasp the
> concept of pretty printers. All the sample codes I found
> on the net/wiki/mailing  list don't compile, complaining
> that "\installprettytype" is an unknown command...?!

It's for  mkii. It  was removed  from mkiv  several months
ago. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. You can write
your pretty printer in lua (visualizer) [1].

> Is there any module I have to load first or something I?
> missed  in the  wiki Or  can anyone  provide me  with a?
> minimalistic example                                   ?

Not  that flexible,  but easy  to use  and broad  language
coverage has the vim module [2].

Marco

[1] http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Custom_pretty_printer
[2] http://dl.contextgarden.net/modules/t-vim/doc/context/third/vim/vim.txt