[NTG-context] \type and linebreak (again)

Andreas Schneider aksdb at gmx.de
Mon May 23 11:59:16 CEST 2011

Hi,

I  stumbled  across  the  same problem that was discussed earlier this
month:  \type  doesn't break, even if there are opportunities. I tried
to follow the suggestions given in that thread, but with no success:

\setuppapersize[A4][A4]

\starttext
        \setuptype[space=stretch]
        %\setupalign[stretch]
        %\setuptolerance[stretch]
        \type{cp $SOMEVAR/some/very/very/very/long/directory/WITHFILE $SOMEVAR/other/long/directory}
        \startitemize
                \item \type{cp $SOMEVAR/some/very/very/very/long/directory/WITHFILE $SOMEVAR/other/long/directory}
        \stopitemize
\stoptext

I  tried  with  and  without the \setupalign/\setuptolerance commands,
without  success;  both lines exceed the margins. (Tested with ConTeXt
ver: 2011.05.18 22:26 MKIV fmt: 2011.5.23)

Is  there anything else I can do/setup to get such long verbatim lines
broken?  I  would  also like an option for character-based line wraps;
i.e.  it  should (optionally; not in this particular case for example)
break  a word even in the middle if necessary, and without hyphenation
mark.  Especially  in  similar  cases  where  I  have a very very long
directory name, I wouldn't care if it gets broken "the hard way".

Thanks in advance!

--
Best Regards,
Andreas