[NTG-context] bibliography: current status, Wiki page Bibliography, [[error 2]] and bibltx

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Fri May 20 19:04:52 CEST 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Paul Menzel
<paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Dear ConTeXt folks,
>

> I am trying to use the module bib, but I only get [[error 2]] displayed.

I see the same result from "context bibtest".

I was just trying the bib support with a fresh "minimals".  At some
point, I read that the bib module
is no longer needed, so I tried without the \usemodule lines and got
the same result.  Then I replaced
the \completepublications and get something better, but ref. [1] is blank:

%orig: \usemodule[bib]
%orig: \usemodule[bibltx]
\setupbibtex[database=sample]
\setuppublications[numbering=yes] % Show reference numbers in the
generated list.

\starttext
As \cite[hh2010b] already indicated, bibtex is a \LaTeX-centric program.

\placepublications[criterium=all]
%orig:\completepublications
\stoptext

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia