[NTG-context] writing the name of the section on all the pages

Marco netuse at lavabit.com
Thu May 19 19:31:01 CEST 2011

On 2011-05-19 Alexandre Leray <alexandre at stdin.fr> wrote:

> Thanks Marco,
>
> I'm probably missing a piece here has it doesn't produce anything
> visible in my composition. I'm a newbie at context; could you detail a
> little bit more how to implement this or is this snippet anything I'm
> supposed to need?

Here is a small complete example:

\setuplayout [location=doublesided]
\setuppagenumbering [alternative=doublesided]

\setupbackgrounds [state=repeat]
\defineoverlay [side]
  [{\rotate[rotation=90]{\getmarking[section]}}]
\setupbackgrounds [text] [rightmargin] [background=side]

\starttext

\dorecurse{10}
  {\startsection[title=Section \recurselevel]
    \input knuth \page
  \stopsection}

\stoptext

Works here with MkIV 2011.05.18 22:26