[NTG-context] MK IV new install /Mac OS X

Matthias Weber matweber at indiana.edu
Wed May 18 01:29:49 CEST 2011

Thanks Aditya
On May 17, 2011, at 12:36 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> Did you run this for TL ConTeXt or the minimals ConTeXt. From a terminal run
>
> source /path-to-context/tex/setuptex
> mtxrun --generate
>
> Then try compiling a test file from the terminal.

this works.

>> Any suggestions? If all fails I'll try to clone an older installation.
>
> What does `which context` return?

/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/context

Great! Thus the wiki info to create
 an executable  file ConTeXt-MKIV.engine containing

#!/bin/bash
export PATH=/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/texmf-osx-intel/bin:$PATH
export TEXMFCACHE=/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/texmf-cache
context "$1"

in ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines
is slightly but catastrophically outdated. The file needs to read

#!/bin/bash
export PATH=/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin:$PATH
export TEXMFCACHE=/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/texmf-cache
context "$1"

With that, TeXShop works with MKIV.

Thanks again !

Matthias