[NTG-context] externalfigure error in current mkiv beta

Alan Braslau alan.braslau at cea.fr
Tue May 17 23:21:45 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 17 May 2011 23:09:51 Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 17-5-2011 10:41, Alan Braslau wrote:
> > "draw externalfigure"
>
> I'm still not sure about that one ... compatibility vs clean

I rather like the new syntax - indeed much cleaner.

(However, for compatibility issues, it might be nice to
somehow program a better error message, if possible,
so that 'externalfigure "hacker.jpg";' more elegantly fails.)

In fact, '\externalfigure' in ConTeXt and 'externalfigure'
in metafun (without 'draw') can be a bit confusing, as in
\starttext
\externalfigure "hacker" scaled 5cm ;
\stoptext
Of course, no-one would ever admit to such foolishness.

Alan