[NTG-context] nested quotes ?

Steffen Wolfrum context at st.estfiles.de
Sat May 14 20:37:43 CEST 2011

Am 31.03.2011 um 16:46 schrieb Marco:

> On 2011-03-31 pmlists at free.fr (Peter Münster) wrote:
>
>> Marco <netuse at lavabit.com> writes:
>>
>>> I think  the idea behind Steffens  post was not to  find a
>>> command that  does the quoting, rather  than finding *one*
>>> command  that  »knows« about  the level of  quotation  and
>>> inserts the corresponding quotation marks.
>>
>> Right. That's why I mentioned also
>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Quotes
>
> My fault, I overlooked that  part. But indeed, a very nice
> definition. I wasn't aware of that.

But be careful: it easily can get confused when becoming *really* nested ...

\starttext

\setupdelimitedtext
  [quotation]
  [1]
  [left={\symbol[leftquotation]},
   right={\symbol[rightquotation]}]

\setupdelimitedtext
  [quotation]
  [2]
  [left={\symbol[leftquote]},
   right={\symbol[rightquote]}]

\setupdelimitedtext
  [quotation]
  [3]
  [left={\symbol[leftquotation]},
   right={\symbol[rightquotation]}]

Testing, \quotation{A really nested\footnote{Test \quotation{A long quotation in which one character says,
\quotation{Eh? What am I supposed to say? Something like, \quotation
{Quotations in this sentance are nested}?}} test}  quotation}!

\stoptext

Steffen