[NTG-context] Setuplayout bug?

Verhaag, G.C.H.M. verhaaggchm at ziggo.nl
Sat May 14 19:44:29 CEST 2011

On 05/14/2011 01:21 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 14-5-2011 11:15, Verhaag, G.C.H.M. wrote:
>> On 05/13/2011 10:25 AM, Verhaag, G.C.H.M. wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The \setuplayout command causes problems I don't understand, sorry! I
>>> use the following setup in a screen (\setuppapersize[S6][S6]) document:
>>>
>>> \setuplayout
>>> [header=0cm,
>>> topspace=.2cm,
>>> backspace=.2cm,
>>> margin=0cm,
>>> width=fit,
>>> footer=1cm,
>>> bottomdistance=5pt,
>>> bottom=20pt,
>>> height=fit]
>>>
>>> This gives a result as aspected! However adding the setting
>>>
>>> rightedge=3cm
>>>
>>> to the layout command, for a menu, yields an unexpected result. Okay,
>>> an area on the right of the screen is indeed blank as aspected! But
>>> the text of a full page is also shifted downward, and overlaps the
>>> text within the footer area, which is quite weird isn't it?
>>>
>>> I don't grasp this footer problem as indicated above!!!! Any idea
>>> what's wrong?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Gerard Verhaag
>>>
>>> P.S.
>>> I use ConTeXt ver: 2011.03.30 11:21 MKIV fmt: 2011.3.30 int:
>>> english/english

>> Hi,
>>
>> I figured out that the problem is caused by the \setupinteraction
>> command. When switching the menu off by setting menu=off, the layout of
>> the text is okay, without the shift! However, when I use
>>
>> \setupinteraction
>> [state=start,
>> style=small,
>> page=yes,
>> menu=on]
>>
>> the annoying interference of the text with the footer is introduced. Any
>> ideas how to correct the problem?
>
> We need a one page self contained example for this.
>
> Hans

Hi,

You'll find the self contained example (rightedge.tex) attached!

I compile it using:

   context --pdf rightedge

and view the result with Acrobat Reader 9.

I upgraded to the latest version and now use:

   ConTeXt  ver: 2011.05.13 12:01 MKIV  fmt: 2011.5.14  int: english/english

Thanks for paying attention to this problem!

Regards,
Gerard Verhaag