[NTG-context] [t-rst] inclusion into Minimals, i. e. installation using `./first-setup.sh --extras='t-rst'`

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Fri May 6 21:04:56 CEST 2011

>> Looks like context needs a package manager.
>
> Do you have any suggestion how it should look like and how it should
> work? mtx-update is kind-of package manager, but I admit that I miss
> some GUI (but then again I have no idea how to write a portable GUI).

Similar to ruby gems or perl cpan or even texlive tlmgr. Ideally, a user
should be able to do:

package-manager search "keyword"

and get a list of modules and

package-manager install "modulename"

and be able to install the module (without updating the whole
installation). Additional niceties like

package-manager make "module"

for preparing a zip file that can be uploaded to contextgarden will be
nice.

ctxtools does provide the last functionality, but you need a tpm file for
that, while tlcontrib wants a module to be submitted without a tpm file.

Aditya