[NTG-context] Creating a PDF named destination

Duncan Hothersall dh at capdm.com
Mon Apr 25 17:31:32 CEST 2011

  Hello all,

This seems to be a very obvious FAQ but I can't find an answer anywhere.
How can one create a named destination in an output PDF file such that
an HTML link to <filename>.pdf#nameddest=<name> will work?

I'm using Mk II in case that is relevant. I kinda assumed that a section
title with an ID would automatically create a named destination with the
same ID, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

So given a file generated from

\starttext
\chapter[myid]{My chapter}
Blah blah.
\section[myotherid]{My section}
Blah blah.
\stoptext

I'd like to be able to link from an HTML file to the named destinations
myid and myotherid using the #nameddest URL construct above.

Hope it makes sense and thanks for any help.

Duncan