[NTG-context] Grid typesetting and inline math

Christoph Redecker christoph.redecker at tu-harburg.de
Tue Apr 19 11:59:34 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm struggling with the grid. I've stepped from LaTeX to luaLaTeX for a
simpler font selection, and from luaLaTeX to ConTeXt for getting a
usable grid (because I was told that it supports typesetting on a grid).
Now that I got font selection working as desired in ConTeXt, the grid is
driving me crazy.

I'm trying to use the grid as described in details.pdf, and I want
halfline spacing around formulas in text, because a full line is
definitely too much. This is what I'm compiling:

\setupbodyfont[10pt,serif] % should be lm?
\setuplayout[grid=yes]
\setuptextformulas[step=halfline]
\starttext
\showgrid
Testing inline math: \gform{x_2 = \frac{a}{b}}. The following line
should be seperated from this one by half a line, but it isn't.

Testing inline math: \gform[-]{x_2 = \frac{a}{b}}. The following line
should be seperated from this one by half a line, but it isn't.
\stoptext

Both paragraphs look identical, the second line is too far away from the
first one. What's wrong with my code?

Also, how can I manually depart from the grid, e.g. for block quotes?

Regards,

Christoph