[NTG-context] How to produce a dotless i with ConTeXt?

Verhaag, G.C.H.M. verhaaggchm at ziggo.nl
Mon Apr 18 10:23:54 CEST 2011

On 04/16/2011 11:42 AM, Thomas Schmitz wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 11:24:00 +0200
>  "Verhaag, G.C.H.M." <verhaaggchm at ziggo.nl> wrote:
>

>> I for example tried to generate the soft g, the g with the caron
>> (inverted circumflex!) above it, using \gcaron, which just works
>> fine. But I'm unable to generate a dotless i!
>
> So what did you try? Here's 3 methods that work for me:
>
> 1. (best): write the character directly into your source file: &#305;
>
> 2. \dotlessi (see the list of characters in char-def.lua)
>
> 3. \i (compatibility, defined in enco-ini.mkiv)
>
> HTH
>
> Thomas

Hi,

Thanks for the answers!

Only one suggestion doesn't work for me; inserting the &#305; (it looks
like an HTML code not ConTeXt code!?) in my source file.

Well, I prefer to use \dotlessi and \i, and don't like &#305 or
\char"0131, because I'm not very good at remembering number codes!

Regards,
Gerard Verhaag