[NTG-context] How to set oldstyle numbering globally?

Pontus Lurcock pont at talvi.net
Wed Apr 13 10:14:34 CEST 2011

On Wed 13 Apr 2011, Verhaag, G.C.H.M. wrote:

> So, this makes the item called: "How can I get the “oldstyle numbers”
> (text figures) in a document?" on wiki.contextgarden.net no longer
> valid, right!

As of now, valid again. (I was going to add something to the ‘Fonts in
LuaTeX’ page as well, but that page needs tidying up that I don't have
time to do at the moment.)

> Changes are difficult to figure out, when you're not very good at the
> details. Keeping the wiki up-to-date is a huge task and certainly not a
> trivial thing!
>
> Please don't misunderstand me. I don't want to criticise the way the
> wiki is maintained. On the contrary, it's a great tool, and we users
> very much depend on it.

I think the general principle is that if you get a useful answer to
your question, you should make sure that it is added (or linked) in
the wiki in the place you looked for it before asking the question. It
*is* a huge task (since ConTeXt is under continuous development),
which is why we all need to help.

Pont