[NTG-context] How to set oldstyle numbering globally?

Verhaag, G.C.H.M. verhaaggchm at ziggo.nl
Wed Apr 13 09:57:45 CEST 2011

On 04/13/2011 08:27 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> On 13 apr. 2011, at 00:07, Pontus Lurcock <pont at talvi.net
> <mailto:pont at talvi.net>> wrote:
>
>> On Mon 11 Apr 2011, Khaled Hosny wrote:

>>> (\addff is meant for temporally applying font features not the other way
>>> around, but I think it should work this way too, so may be something
>>> is broken)
>>
>> \addff{oldstyle} works with my 2011.02.25 ConTeXt, so evidently it's
>> quite a recent change.
>>
> \addff is for adding some feature to an already selected font. It
> fails in the latest beta's because fonts are no longer preloaded
> immediately, but only after \starttext (which is a good thing)
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco

Hi,

Taco, thanks for the explanation!

So, this makes the item called: "How can I get the “oldstyle numbers”
(text figures) in a document?" on wiki.contextgarden.net no longer
valid, right!

Changes are difficult to figure out, when you're not very good at the
details. Keeping the wiki up-to-date is a huge task and certainly not a
trivial thing!

Please don't misunderstand me. I don't want to criticise the way the
wiki is maintained. On the contrary, it's a great tool, and we users
very much depend on it.

However for getting the oldstyle numerals working again, I needed this
mailing list!

If I'm wrong please feel free to comment on all this. Thanks again!

Regards,
Gerard Verhaag