[NTG-context] LilyPond nowadays

David Wooten dw at trichotomic.net
Wed Apr 13 01:37:07 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I've gotten back to tinkering with LilyPond, and wanted to ask if someone could send a small example of the new method of handling it, especially with some lilypond settings in the .ly file mentioned below. My initial trials make place the lilypond results on their own page. How would we get them placed in-line?

Thanks,
David

RE:
From the garden:

The LilyPond module doesn't work any more with recent versions of ConTeXt. You can simply replace it with the Filter module like this:
\def\readPDFfile#1{\externalfigure[#1]}

\usemodule[filter]
\defineexternalfilter[lilypond]
	[continue=yes,
	readcommand=\readPDFfile,
	directory=lilytemp/, % directory for LilyPond's files
	output={\externalfilterbasefile.pdf},
	filtercommand={lilypond -dbackend=eps -dno-gs-load-fonts -dinclude-eps-fonts -ddelete-intermediate-files -o"lilytemp/\externalfilterbasefile" "\externalfilterinputfile"}]
You can't use \setuplilypond any more, but there is a better replacement: Collect your LilyPond settings in a .ly file, put it in your lilytemp directory and include it from within your lilypond block like this:
\startlilypond
\include "mysettings.ly"
\stoplilypond