[NTG-context] luatex-cache setup

Ernesto Posse eposse at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 18:15:04 CEST 2011

I'm confused. my /etc/texmf.cnf file contains:

TEXMFCACHE = /var/tex/cache

and this directory exists but it is empty. Why is this being ignored?
If I don't have a user-specific environment variable with that name,
shouldn't the one from texmf.cnf be used?

Furthermore, when I run

kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFCACHE

it shows that directory, but when I run texconfig, TEXMFCACHE does not
appear under kpathsea variables. What is the problem?

PS: I'm running context 2009.11.26-2, luatex 0.60.1-1build2,
texlive-luatex 2009-10 on ubuntu 10.10.

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Marco <netuse at lavabit.com> wrote:
> On 2011-04-12 Ernesto Posse <eposse at cs.queensu.ca> wrote:
>
>> Hello. I use a few tools from ConTeXt such as mptopdf, and whenever I
>> run them they generate a 'luatex-cache' folder directly under my user
>> folder, but this luatex-cache folder is not hidden. How can I
>> configure ConTeXt or luatex to tell it where the cache folder should
>> be? (I looked up the archives and docs but I didn't find anything
>> about this.)
>
> Point the environment variable TEXMFCACHE to a directory
> where the user has write access to.
>

> Marco

Ernesto Posse

Modelling and Analysis in Software Engineering
School of Computing
Queen's University - Kingston, Ontario, Canada