[NTG-context] three more table questions

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 11 12:53:48 CEST 2011

Am 11.04.2011 um 12:44 schrieb Florian Wobbe:

> Hi,
>
> 1) how can I auto-stretch a natural table to a defined width? The default seems to be the line width, which I don't want. Setting width=... will change the per column width, which I don't like either. I'd like to set the per table width.
>
> \bTABLE[option=stretch,width=80mm]
> \bTABLEhead
> \bTR \bTD Col1 \eTD \bTD Col2 \eTD \bTD Col3 \eTD \bTD Col4 \eTD \eTR
> \eTABLEhead
> \bTABLEbody
> \dorecurse{5}{\bTR \bTD 1 \eTD \bTD 2 \eTD \bTD 3 \eTD \bTD 4 \eTD \eTR}
> \eTABLEbody
> \eTABLE
>
> Or is there maybe the possibility to enforce a certain with with \placetable?

Use \bTABLE[option=stretch,textwidth=\textwidth].

> 2) In this example I'd like to have no offset between lines but an offset between columns. How can I achieve this without the gaps in the hline separating the header?
>
> \bTABLE
> \setupTABLE[frame=off,offset=0pt]
> \setupTABLE[c][distance=3mm]
> \bTABLEhead
> \bTR[bottomframe=on] \bTD Col1 \eTD \bTD Col2 \eTD \bTD Col3 \eTD \bTD Col4 \eTD \eTR
> \eTABLEhead
> \bTABLEbody
> \dorecurse{5}{\bTR \bTD 1 \eTD \bTD 2 \eTD \bTD 3 \eTD \bTD 4 \eTD \eTR}
> \eTABLEbody
> \eTABLE
>
> I also tried various combinations of offset=, columndistance=, leftmargindistance=, and rightmargindistance= for columns and rows but did not succeed.

\setupTABLE[start]        [loffset=3mm,roffset=3mm]
\setupTABLE[column][first][loffset=0mm]
\setupTABLE[column][last] [roffset=0mm]

> 3) Consider this example:
>
> \bTABLE[option=stretch]
> \setupTABLE[frame=off,offset=0pt]
> \bTABLEhead
> \bTR[bottomframe=on] \bTD Col1 \eTD \bTD Col2 \eTD \bTD Col3 \eTD \bTD Col4 \eTD \eTR
> \eTABLEhead
> \bTABLEbody
> \dorecurse{5}{\bTR \bTD 1 \eTD \bTD 2 \eTD \bTD 3 \eTD \bTD this is a long entry \eTD \eTR}
> \eTABLEbody
> \eTABLE
>
> Is it possible to auto-stretch only the first three columns, so that "this is a long entry" is always aligned to the right margin? All columns should stay flushleft.

You can exclude columns from stretching when you set a width, e.g. \setupTABLE[column][last][width=4cm,align=flushright]

Wolfgang