[NTG-context] Need help with \setuphead and spacing

Nicola nvitacolonna at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 15:30:07 CEST 2011

In article <20110402135950.0a07eef4 at glyph>, Marco <netuse at lavabit.com> wrote:

> On 2011-04-02 Nicola <nvitacolonna at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 1) I need to shift the title 12pt below the top margin.
> > This is my command now:
> >
> > \definefont[TitleStyle][SerifBold at 14pt]
> > \setuphead[title][
> >    style=TitleStyle,
> >    align=middle,
> >    textstyle=WORD,
>
>      before={\blank[12pt,force]},
>
> >    after={\blank[3pt]}
> > ]
> >
> > But 'before' does not seem to have any effect. My document starts with
> > \starttext\title{...}.
> >
> > 2) I need (sub)section titles indented by .75cm, regardless of the section
> > number, so that in:
> >
> > 1      First Section
> > 1.1    First Subsection
> > 100    Another Section Title
> > 100.1  Another subsection
> >

> \setuphead [chapter,section] [command=\myseccmd]
> \def\myseccmd#1#2{\hbox to .75cm{#1}#2}

That works great!

I must say that, looking backwards, the choice of using ConTeXt for my paper (as
opposed to LaTeX) has turned out to be a winning one, although at the beginning
I was a little afraid of using a typesetting system that is still under active
development. With the help of the people from this list I have been able to
easily solve many layout and typographical challenges (at least, challenges for
me). So, thank you!

Nicola