[NTG-context] Wiki discussion: Fwd: Re: Ctx wiki

Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. LPr at pontex.cz
Fri Apr 1 10:51:35 CEST 2011

Hello,

thanks for the hints -

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 14:20:37 +0200, Patrick Gundlach <gundlach at speedata.de> wrote:

> Hi Lukáš,

> just insert
>
> [[Category:Reference/en|doif]]
>
> at the bottom of the page.

OK, I did and a new valid link was created: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/%5Cdoif...

But:

- its name is still "\doif"
- and not like "Reference/en/doif..."

(BTW: It seems to me better if all commands appeared without (the common) "Reference/en/", but OK, now I'd like to achieve the normal look of reference items; so how to get "Reference/en/doif...".)

> The page should not be "http://wiki.contextgarden.net/%5Cdoif" but at "http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/doif". And it might be helpful to follow the scheme of the other commands (see the source for http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/color for example)

Yes, that's a good complex and simple example (I was looking for such one).

> and fill out the "form" that is inside {{ .... }}.

Done.

> If I remember correctly then you can say __NOTOC__ somewhere on the page that prevents creating a toc. And you should follow the example on the other references pages.

OK.

> I'd guess that \ is an invalid character in an URL, but I don't know. We have decided to omit the \ in the command names, because all commands start with a backslash.
>
> HTH,
>
> Patrick

Once the "\doif..." page was created (somewhere?), how to "move" it to "Reference/en/doif..."?

- When I'm prompted for creation of a new page (for a missing item), I have no option where; I just can create one.

So if I've created a (bad) "\doif..." page, how to "transform" it to a "Reference/en/doif..." page? - I.e. 1) to change location and 2) to remove the leading "\" from the page name?

- You may still view and/or edit the "\doif..." page source, especially:

{{Reference|name=doif...|attributes=}}
[[Category:Reference/en|doif]]

(BTW: What is affected by "Reference|name=doif..." and what by "Category:Reference/en|doif"? - Seem similar, but I'm using "doif..." (with 3 dots) in the former case and "doif" in the latter one.

Last thing:

The title "\doif..." appears TWICE on the page http://wiki.contextgarden.net/%5Cdoif... - how to make it show just once?

Lukas