[NTG-context] beta

Thomas Schmitz tschmit1 at uni-bonn.de
Sun Mar 27 09:44:38 CEST 2011

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 08:52:38 +0200
  Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Am 26.03.2011 um 22:04 schrieb Thomas Schmitz:
>
>> I may be misunderstanding things, but I can't get my
>>font features to work with the latest beta, possibly
>>because of this change, or I'm doing something wrong.
>
> font-ini.mkiv (enable \inheritfromfontclass):
>
> - \newconditional\inheritfromfontclass % used in
>\definefont and \definedfont
> + \newconditional\inheritfromfontclass
>\settrue\inheritfromfontclass % used in \definefont and
>\definedfont
>
> font-ctx.lua (check “classfeatures” before
>“fontfeatures”):
>
> function
>definers.stage_two(global,cs,str,size,classfeatures,fontfeatures,classfallbacks,fontfallbacks,
>        mathsize,textsize,relativeid,classgoodies,goodies)
>    if detail and detail ~= "" then
>        specification.method, specification.detail =
>method or "*", detail
>    elseif specification.detail and specification.detail
>~= "" then
>        -- already set
> -   elseif fontfeatures and fontfeatures ~= "" then
> -       specification.method, specification.detail =
>"*", fontfeatures
> -   elseif classfeatures and classfeatures ~= "" then
> -       specification.method, specification.detail =
>"*", classfeatures
> +   elseif classfeatures and classfeatures ~= "" then
> +       specification.method, specification.detail =
>"*", classfeatures
> +   elseif fontfeatures and fontfeatures ~= "" then
> +       specification.method, specification.detail =
>"*", fontfeatures
>    end
>    statistics.stoptiming(fonts)
> end
>
> Wolfgang

Wolfgang,

thanks a lot. This works with the minimal example I have
created but breaks with a real file. I need to go deeper
and construct another example. In the meantime, here's the
error:

system          > logs > lua: compiling
/home/tas/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e/fonts/data/names.tma
into
/home/tas/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e/fonts/data/names.tmc
fonts           > names > accessing the data table failed
fonts           > otf loading > loading:
/home/tas/context/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/gust/poltawski/antpolt-regular.otf
(hash: antpolt-regular-oxoniensis)
fonts           > otf loading > font loaded okay
fonts           > otf loading > file size: 131876

mtx-context     | fatal error: no return code, message:
luatex: execution interrupted%

The document doesn't use the poltawski font, so I'm very
puzzled about the error message.

Thomas