[NTG-context] Indent paragraph after \placefigure

Pontus Lurcock pont at talvi.net
Sun Mar 27 01:15:00 CET 2011

Sorry, I think I misunderstood the problem the first time (since I
didn't actually run your example until now). \setupfloats[indentnext=yes]
(as I understand it) controls the behaviour after the float is actually
placed in the output, rather than after the \placefigure... in the
source.

I'd expect the blank line after the \placefigure to trigger
indentation for the next paragraph, but this doesn't happen. I now
remember seeing this problem while typesetting a thesis chapter. Going
back to my source file, I see I worked around it in the most obvious
way:

\setupindenting [yes, medium]
\setupfloats    [indentnext=yes]
\starttext
This line is indented as intended.

\placefigure[auto][fig:somefigure]{My graphic}{}

\indentation This is indented, but only because of the explicit command.

This line is fine.
\stoptext

Maybe there is a better solution, but I don't know it... hope this is
helpful anyway.

Regards,

Pont