[NTG-context] beta

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Mar 26 12:53:10 CET 2011

Hi,

One of the changes in mkiv font handling is that from now on we have
mode=auto as default (beware, this is one of those mkiv only options and
not supported in the generic variant).

I don't know how well it works in practice but it does work out ok for
cases like:

\starttext

     \startTEXpage
         \definedfont[Serif*default at 20pt]fijn\par
         \definefontfeature[nlddefault][default][script=latn,language=nld]
         \definedfont[Serif*nlddefault at 20pt]fijn\par
     \stopTEXpage

\stoptext

Depending on the font, node mode takes more memory (and a bit more
runtime) but you can always enforce base or node mode when you are
unhappy with the automatically determined mode.