[NTG-context] No indent with first paragraph with \item

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Thu Mar 24 15:29:09 CET 2011

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Mar 2011, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
>
>> When using \startitemize … \stopitemize there is no indent for the first
>> paragraph when using \head, but there is when using \item. How can I make
>> that by \item the first paragraph also has no indentation?
>
> See
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Indentation#Setting_up_indentation_inside_environments
>
> What you need is
>
> \setupindenting[big,yes]
> \setupitemize[1][indenting=next]
>
> \starttext
> \startitemize
>  \item \input knuth
> \stopitemize
> \stoptext

Actually, in MkII indenting=yes does the right thing (no indentation of
the first line). I would consider MkIV behavior a bug.

I don't know what is the best solution. Perhaps changing

\normalexpanded{\noexpand\setupindenting[\v!reset,\v!yes,\currentitemindenting]}%

\normalexpanded{\noexpand\setupindenting[\v!reset,\v!next,\v!yes,\currentitemindenting]}%

Then, \setupitemize[1][indenting=first] will indent the first line,
indenting=yes, will not (untested).

Another option is to change reset so that it sets indentfirstparagraph to
false, but that might create havoc at other places.

Aditya