[NTG-context] Metfun macro for triangle

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 09:59:09 CET 2011

Hi all,

I have a document in which I must draw several triangles for which two summits, say z0, z1, and the length of the two other sides are known, so that the third summit, say z2, is completly determined.
In order to draw one triangle the following works fine:

\setupcolors[state=start]
\starttext
\startMPcode
	z0 = (0cm,0cm) ;
	z1 = (5cm,0cm) ;
	path p, q ;
	pickup pencircle scaled 2mm ;
	drawdot z0 ;
	drawdot z1 ;
	p := halfcircle scaled 8 cm ; % twice the length of the second side at z0
	p := p shifted z0 ;
	q := halfcircle scaled 6 cm ;  % twice the length of the second side at z1
	q := q shifted z1  ;
	z2 = p intersectionpoint q ;
	drawdot z2 ;
	pickup pencircle scaled 1mm ;
	draw z0--z1--z2--cycle withcolor blue ;
\stopMPcode
\stoptext

However I would like to have a macro, for instance named Triangle, which accepts four arguments z0,z1, length_1, length_2, so that in a MetaPost code i can use
	draw Triangle(z0,z1, 4, 3) withcolor blue ;
in order to draw the above triangle.
Has anyone any idea about how to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help: OK