[NTG-context] Which standard installed font displays ' and ` good

Cecil Westerhof cldwesterhof at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 21:40:58 CET 2011

2011/3/23 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com>

>> > I am still experimenting. With the default ' is reasonably displayed,
>> but ` not.
>> > I liked palatino, but then even ' is not displayed nicely. What is the
>> best (standard installed) font where both ' and ` are good displayed?
>>

>> How do you define a standard font, the list of available differes with the
>> used TeX distribution (TeX Live or context minimals) and your Openrating
>> System.
>>

> I work with minimals. How do I get the list?
>

> Look into the fonts folders.

I suppose you mean: texmf/fonts/? There I see:
drwxrwxr-x 5 cecil users 4,0K 28 jan  2008 afm
drwxrwxr-x 3 cecil users 4,0K 28 jan  2008 enc
drwxrwxr-x 4 cecil users 4,0K 28 jan  2008 map
drwxr-xr-x 3 cecil users 4,0K 19 jan  2009 misc
drwxrwxr-x 5 cecil users 4,0K 28 jan  2008 opentype
drwxrwxr-x 5 cecil users 4,0K 28 jan  2008 tfm
drwxrwxr-x 3 cecil users 4,0K  9 okt 12:42 truetype
drwxrwxr-x 7 cecil users 4,0K 28 jan  2008 type1
drwxr-xr-x 3 cecil users 4,0K 28 jan  2009 vf

> We can make a list of the available fonts with their typescripts/typefaces
> and put them on the wiki.

Would be a good idea.

--
Cecil Westerhof