[NTG-context] Which standard installed font displays ' and ` good

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 23 19:22:18 CET 2011

Am 23.03.2011 um 17:23 schrieb Cecil Westerhof:

> I am still experimenting. With the default ' is reasonably displayed, but ` not.
> I liked palatino, but then even ' is not displayed nicely. What is the best (standard installed) font where both ' and ` are good displayed?

How do you define a standard font, the list of available differes with the used TeX distribution (TeX Live or context minimals) and your Openrating System.

I made a short document with a few fonts: http://d.pr/h5tE

Source:

\newcounter\FontTestCounter

\define[1]\FontTest
  {\increment\FontTestCounter
   \definetypeface[mainface-\FontTestCounter][rm][specserif][#1]
   \switchtobodyfont[mainface-\FontTestCounter]
   \title{#1}
   \startpacked
   ` Backtick\par
   ' Apostrophe\par