[NTG-context] [OT] music player for lua lovers!

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Mar 22 17:17:30 CET 2011

On 22-3-2011 3:52, Alan BRASLAU wrote:

> This is off-topic, but I wish to share my experience with
> a product using lua (and perl) running on an embarked linux system.
> The Logitech Squeezebox Touch is a small network music player
> featuring very high quality sound and good ergonometrics.
>
> http://www.logitech.com/en-us/54/5745

indeed, and apart from scite using lua as embedded language, it was jive
that convinced me that lua was a good choice

> The software is programmed in lua and perl and is open source.
>
> I now have two in my apartment: one in my office and now a
> second in the kitchen (soon a third in the bedroom?).

I have a squeezebox classic in the top floor study, a slim devices
transporter in the living room (wasn't logitech then), a squeeze radio
in the kitchen, another squeezebox stares at me right now, and
squeezepad on the ipad (no touch yet, but I might get one some day) ..
how else do you think I can work on context -)

(btw, i just run the squeezecenter server on a virtual machine)

> Will someone now write an application to compile ConTeXt on it?
> Should be close to trivial, in fact!

maybe ...