[NTG-context] Some problems I experienced when using ConTeXt

Cecil Westerhof cldwesterhof at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 04:46:11 CET 2011

2011/3/19 Aditya Mahajan <adityam at umich.edu>

> manifests itself when I set lefthyphenmin and righthyphenmin.
>> Then sometimes sentences are to long. Would it not be better to
>> have a lot of whitespace between the words, but keep the
>> formating?
>>
>> In the document the third line of the first paragraph is to long
>> and the fifth and sixth line from the second paragraph are to
>> long.
>>
> There is a problem with the formatting of paragraps. This
>
> \setupalign[verytolerant,stretch]

That looks a lot better.

I found also an obscure problem with table. I had to dabble a bit

>> to reproduce it. (For a moment I thought I had imagined it.)
>>
>> The table does not fit on the space that is left on the page, so
>> it is moved to the next page. So far so good. But the text after
>> the table is put on the current page and is now before the table.
>>
>> It is not that they can not be put on a page together, because
>> when you uncomment the break, the table and text reside on the
>> same page.
>>

> You are using \placetable which is a float. So, the table goes to the next
> page, but the material after that continues on the current page.

Okay, I understand. Can I do something about this? I now use \testpage, but
that is not quite satisfactory.

Lastly a question about a long click-able email address. I would

>> like it not to be broken up. But sometimes this can happen. See
>> the end of the document.(Can of-course also happen with a short
>> address, but will happen less often.) What is the best way to
>> circumvent this? At the moment I just put it centered on its own
>> line. At the moment I do not have a problem with this. But I do
>> not know if this will be always the case.
>>

> \setupinteraction[state=start]
> \useURL
>  [email]
>  [mailto:quitealongusernametowriteanemailt at dummy.nl]
>  []
>  [\goodbreak\hbox{quitealongusernametowriteanemailto at dummy.nl}]

Much better. Only one slight problem. The dot to finish the sentence is
placed on the next line.

--
Cecil Westerhof