[NTG-context] (RSFS) font installation

Stefan Müller warrence.stm at gmx.de
Thu Mar 17 10:05:17 CET 2011

Hi mathew,

thanks for your reply!

On 16.03.2011 16:58, mathew wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 09:00, Stefan Müller<warrence.stm at gmx.de>  wrote:
[...]
>> I put the "rsfs" directory with its subdirs from the .zip to the folder
>> c:\context\tex\texmf-fonts\fonts\data\ as Wolfgang suggested [4] and ran
>> "context --generate". I seems as if this did not install the font, but I
>> have no idea. How can I check this?
>
> For mkiv minimals, the following should work:
> a) Install font as appropriate for your OS.

I'm using Windows Vista 64bit and installed the rsfs font by
right-clicking the .pfm files. I thought I had to use the .pfb files,
but Windows did not recognize those and didn't show "Install" in the
context menu. After installing the .pfm files I could find them in
"C:\Windows\Fonts".

> b) Make sure OS font directory containing font pfb file is included in OSFONTDIR

Is this a typo and do you mean .pfm file? Otherwise I don't get it.
Should I just copy the .pfb files to "C:\Windows\Fonts", too? Did
something went wrong with installation?

When running "mtxrun --script fonts --reload"

> c) Update LuaTeX's font info by running   mtxrun --script fonts --reload

there were the lines

fonts           | names | identifying system font files with suffix otf
fonts           | names | adding path from OSFONTDIR: c:/windows/fonts
fonts           | names | adding path from fontconfig file: c:/windows/fonts

in the output, so I guess OSFONTDIR is correct (where would I change it,
anyway?) as "c:/windows/fonts" is considered. Here mtxrun tries to
identify fonts with a number of "suffixes". It only consideres otf, ttf,
ttc, dfont and afm (and caps versions). Shouldn't there be pfm or pfb as
well?

> d) Check the list of fonts using   mtxrun --script fonts --list --all
> --pattern=*

I tried this and got a lot of fonts (around 900) printed to screen,
however "rsfs" was not present in this list.

What did I wrong? Thank you very much for your patience!

Best regards,
Stefan