[NTG-context] Ctx running once?

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 14 23:15:06 CET 2011

Am 14.03.2011 um 23:08 schrieb Procházka Lukáš:

> Hello,
>
> is there a possibility how to let Ctx run just once, not three times (as usually), keeping in mind that TOC and/or page numbers may be wrong, just to check correctness of the document?
>
> - I have a longer document with enough MP code and I'm interested often just whether there is no error in the Ctx/MP code, so in this case a successful (= the first) run of Ctx is enough for me for that moment.
>
> - So is there a switch, e.g. "context.exe --err-check" or "context.exe --once" or something like this?

context --once <filename>

meta:TeX wolf$ context --help

mtx-context     | ConTeXt Process Management 0.52
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | --run                 process (one or more) files (default action)
mtx-context     | --make                create context formats
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | --ctx=name            use ctx file (process management specification)
mtx-context     | --interface           use specified user interface (default: en)
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | --autopdf             close pdf file in viewer and start pdf viewer afterwards
mtx-context     | --purge(all)          purge files either or not after a run (--pattern=...)
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | --usemodule=list      load the given module or style, normally part o fthe distribution
mtx-context     | --environment=list    load the given environment file first (document styles)
mtx-context     | --mode=list           enable given the modes (conditional processing in styles)
mtx-context     | --path=list           also consult the given paths when files are looked for
mtx-context     | --arguments=list      set variables that can be consulted during a run (key/value pairs)
mtx-context     | --randomseed=number   set the randomseed
mtx-context     | --result=name         rename the resulting output to the given name
mtx-context     | --trackers=list       set tracker variables (show list with --showtrackers)
mtx-context     | --directives=list     set directive variables (show list with --showdirectives)
mtx-context     | --silent=list         disable logcatgories (show list with --showlogcategories)
mtx-context     | --noconsole           disable logging to the console (logfile only)
mtx-context     | --purgeresult         purge result file before run
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | --forcexml            force xml stub (optional flag: --mkii)
mtx-context     | --forcecld            force cld (context lua document) stub
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | --arrange             run extra imposition pass, given that the style sets up imposition
mtx-context     | --noarrange           ignore imposition specifications in the style
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | --once                only run once (no multipass data file is produced)
mtx-context     | --batchmode           run without stopping and don't show messages on the console
mtx-context     | --nonstopmode         run without stopping
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | --generate            generate file database etc. (as luatools does)
mtx-context     | --paranoid            don't descend to .. and ../..
mtx-context     | --version             report installed context version
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | --expert              expert options
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | More information about ConTeXt and the tools that come with it can be found at:
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | maillist : ntg-context at ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
mtx-context     | webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
mtx-context     | wiki     : http://contextgarden.net