[NTG-context] Minimals only a third from texlive

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 21:14:12 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 21:10, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> I removed my distributions texlive from my system. This gave back 660 MB.
> Installing minimals took 223 MB. But I understood that minimals is more then
> texlive. So why is it a lot smaller?

Minimals don't contain *any* latex-related stuff (in ConTeXt you
cannot get rid of some plain TeX/LaTeX packages in any way), many
binaries are missing, minimals don't install modules by default, ...
But I still think that you can get a smaller installation than 660 MB
with TeX Live if you try hard enough.

On the other hand there are also some fonts that are missing in
ConTeXt distribution.

Mojca