[NTG-context] Does MKIV take more time as MKII

Philipp Gesang pgesang at ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Mar 14 18:54:11 CET 2011

On 2011-03-14 <11:23:55>, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> I installed the minimals and use MKIV. It seems that it is 1,5 to 2 times as
> slow as the MKII I used in texlive. Is this possible, or should there be
> something else that is responsible for this?

Hi Cecil,

regarding luatex/mkiv performance there are some comparisons
between different tex machines that Hans presented at tug 2009:

  <http://river-valley.tv/the-luatex-project-halfway-to-version-1/>

Of course, with respect to the rapid development these might be
out of date by now.

Best regards, Philipp