[NTG-context] Ideas for restructuring the ConTeXt garden?

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Mon Mar 14 04:12:36 CET 2011

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011, Alasdair McAndrew wrote:

> Speaking as a raw ConTeXt beginner, I would find it very helpful to have a
> library of different styles: LaTeX, journal, conference and book styles.
> Although all the information is probably there, it is very scattered around
> though manuals, the wiki, and other documents, and so is in consequence not
> always easy to find.

Why don't you create a wiki page with the **exact** specifications. Then
others can write the ConTeXt code to show how to achieve that
specification.

We can perhaps have a cookbook section on the wiki, which can use these
specification as exercises. Without the exact specification, it is very
difficult to understand what a "journal" style or a "book" style means.
Not all journals and books have the same style.

Aditya