[NTG-context] hanging on missing picture

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Mar 13 12:52:59 CET 2011

On 12-3-2011 2:39, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> On 12 mrt. 2011, at 14:23, Hans van der Meer<H.vanderMeer at uva.nl>  wrote:
>
>> Requesting a non-existing picture does not produce a warning message, but makes ConTeXt hang. An abort is the only thing that helps. It would however be nice if a "missing file" warning is given. A minimal example that shows me the hang:
>
> That is not supposed to happen, I think. Normally, you would get a gray box in thr pdf to indicate that the figure was not found.

there should be a \normalexpanded in here:

\def\externalfigurereplacement#1#2#3%
   {\setupcolors
      [\c!state=\v!local]%
    \normalexpanded{\localframed
      [\??ef]
      [\c!width=\figurewidth,
       \c!height=\figureheight,
       \c!background=\v!color,
       \c!backgroundcolor=missingfigurecolor,
       \c!frame=\@@efframe]}% we need to expand this in order to prevent
a loop
      {\tt\tfxx \nohyphens
         name:  \expanded{\verbatimstring{#1}}\\%
         file:  \expanded{\verbatimstring{#2}}\\%
         state: \expanded{\verbatimstring{#3}}}}