[NTG-context] Ideas for restructuring the ConTeXt garden?

mathew meta at pobox.com
Sun Mar 13 05:48:31 CET 2011

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 06:21, Florian Wobbe <Florian.Wobbe at awi.de> wrote:

> Then I am aware of many people who are reluctant to install the
>minimals. I now wonder why I (myself) was unwilling to install the
>minimals in the first place, having TeXLive installed already. For one
>it was because of the extra effort.

My experience on Ubuntu is that if you install the ConTeXt minimals in
your path, they break a bunch of stuff from TeXLive, such as pdfcrop.
I ended up writing my own pdfcrop because I couldn't work out how to
get the one from my distribution working at the same time as the
ConTeXt minimals.

I'd have gone back to my distro's copy of ConTeXt, if it wasn't for
the fact that it dates back to 2009 and I'd already hit a bug in it
that's fixed in the minimals.

mathew
--
<URL:http://www.pobox.com/~meta/>