[NTG-context] Ideas for restructuring the ConTeXt garden?

Jaroslav Hajtmar hajtmar at gyza.cz
Sat Mar 12 21:02:16 CET 2011

Hello ConTeXist.

I installed ConTeXt minimals until pretty late. Before, I used the
context in the TeXLive. For a long time I really thought that Minimals
are "incomplete" versions of minimal and that there was something more.
I was very pleasantly surprised at how easily Minimals installed and is
very good, it is easy to automatically update the version. MkII I
completely stopped using to create new documents using the MkII and
translate only the old stuff.
I know from experience that newcomers and MkII MKIV confusing and I have
sometimes a problem with incompatibility, because I have long used the MkII.

Personally I would advocate a clear separation of the MkII and MKIV in
the garden and change "minimals" name to the name that is so misleading
- eg directly MarkTeX :-).

Greetings Jaroslav