[NTG-context] hanging on missing picture

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 16:16:23 CET 2011

Hi,

I did the test with your code both with mkii and mkiv (version 2011.02.25, 22:03).  In mkii I get what I reported previously and in mkiv I get:
	name : dummy
	file: ./Figuren/figure.xxx
	state: unknown

I have noticed the hanging behaviour of mkiv in some other situations, but actually if I wait long enough mkiv comes back and the typesetting goes through… I had the impression of having a cache problem, since if I remove or rename the folder
	/context-minimal/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache
then mkiv gets lost, despite a new folder being created.

Maybe in your situation there is an analogous condition?

Best regards: OK

On 12 mars 2011, at 15:27, Hans van der Meer wrote:

> Well, here it does hang. I also have MacOSX 10.6.6 but then I have the minimals  ver: 2011.02.05 11:37 MKIV  fmt: 2011.2.5.
> The later version: ConTeXt  ver: 2011.02.25 22:03 MKIV  fmt: 2011.3.11 does work as advertised though.
>
> Pity I have to use the older version until another incompatibility is solved:
> resolvers       > modules > loaded: 'bib'
> (/Users/hans/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/m-obsolete.tex
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> I hope to hear soon about that one.
>
> Hans van der Meer
>
> On 12 mrt 2011, at 15:07, Otared Kavian wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On my installation of ConTeXt, there is no hanging: maybe there is an issue with your intsllation?
>> The output shows a grey rectangle with
>> 	name : dummy
>> 	file: figure
>> 	state: unknown
>> written on it.
>>
>> For your information, I tested your code on a Mac OS X 10.6.6 and the minimals (version 2011.02.25).
>>
>> Best regards: OK
>> On 12 mars 2011, at 14:23, Hans van der Meer wrote:
>>> Requesting a non-existing picture does not produce a warning message, but makes ConTeXt hang. An abort is the only thing that helps. It would however be nice if a "missing file" warning is given. A minimal example that shows me the hang:
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>> Hello a picture?\par
>>> \externalfigure[./Figuren/figure.xxx]
>>> \stoptext