[NTG-context] \setuppublications problem

Thomas Schmitz tschmit1 at uni-bonn.de
Sat Mar 12 12:08:53 CET 2011

Hi Florian,

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:45:16 +0100
  Florian Wobbe <Florian.Wobbe at awi.de> wrote:
>> Have you tried \placepublications[criterium=all] or
>>\placepublications[criterium=text]?
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
> you gave me exactly the same hint last week.

Not only that, but someone gave exactly the same hint to
Jean in December...

We should
>add criterium=cite and criterium=text to the Wiki
>(Bibliography MKIV page:
>http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Bibliography_mkiv).

You are of course right, but I assume Hans is working on
bibliographies right now (he promised to finish something
which I need for a project in March, so that leaves him
another two weeks ;-), so we should maybe wait a bit.
criterium=cite should work as well, but doesn't right now.

> In the beginning it was not clear to me, that
>http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Bibliography refers to the
>MKII implementation of Taco. Therefore, I would suggest
>to rename Bibliography to Bibliography_mkii and create an
>alias Bibliography that redirects to Bibliography_mkiv
>instead. In the wiki pages Bibliography_mkiv and
>Bibliography_mkii the first sentence should state that
>the page is related to mkii/mkiv only and link to the
>other page. Do you think this is reasonable?

I had begun rewriting the page. There is now
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Bibliographies which links
to the other pages, and which is linked to on the front
page. But another context-related project kept me away
from this and I never finished this, so fell free to
shuffle and rewrite things!

> I would like to add a section on customising bibstyle
>files and add space for sharing reference styles of
>different journals. What do you think?

Again, that's a very good idea, but we should maybe wait
just a bit till the dust settles a bit.

> In general I find it difficult to differentiate between
>mkiv and mkii related  information in the wiki. How could
>we better structure the wiki to make it easier for the
>reader? Disambiguation pages, mkiv/mkii sections,
>independent pages with mkiv/mkii in headerline?

Just my 2 cents on this: difficult, because you won't be
able to make everybody happy. Every now and then, I see a
new user on the list who asks about "installing mkiv" and
doesn't realize that it is not really something which you
have to install additionally. We shouldn't scare those
users because in so many cases, mkii and mkiv are exactly
identical, so that would be an arguments against a too
stric separation. But of course you're also right that
it's frustrating for users if they can't find relevant
information for the areas where the two differ. As long as
mkiv hasn't settled, this is not easy...

All best

Thomas