[NTG-context] \synctex=1 ignored in mkiv

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 19:12:31 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 18:31, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 11-3-2011 3:38, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> Dear Hans,
>>
>> subject says it all: when I use \synctex=1 in mkiv, I don't get any
>> ..synctex.gz file. The --synctex switch works however (which is exactly
>> the opposite of what used to be the case a while ago :).
>
> \synctex is a nop in mkiv, use a proper directive instead:
>
> \enabledirectives[system.synctex]

Thank you. What exactly was the reason to disable the old syntax? Why
not maybe defining it to give at least a warning (or even error)
printing out a message saying what to do. It is a bit weird to see the
code compile fine without ever noticing that something went wrong.

Is there any chance that a single command would be provided that would
work both in mkii and mkiv (in mkii it would call \synctex=1 and in
mkiv it would call \enabledirectives[system,synctex])?

Mojca