[NTG-context] Putting citations in an e-book

Cecil Westerhof cldwesterhof at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 17:08:16 CET 2011

2011/3/8 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com>

> Am 08.03.2011 um 15:36 schrieb Cecil Westerhof:
>
> > I am making my first e-book. And am now seriously using ConTeXt. But I
> have a lot to learn.
> >
> > In my ebook I want to use citations. In two different way. For starters I
> want to let every chapter start with a citation. At the moment I think that
> this does not need to be fancy. Just a little bigger font and a different
> color and white-space after it. But if there is a better way, I do not mind
> to hear it.
>
> \starttext
>
> \chapter{Knuth}
>
> \epigraph{Nikos Kazantzakis}{I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am
> free.}
>
> \input knuth
>
> \stoptext
>
> with \epigraph defined as
>
> \define[2]\epigraph
>  {\blank
>
> \startframedtext[right][frame=off,align=flushright,offset=none,width=fit]%
>   #2\par{\it – #1}%
>   \stopframedtext
>   \blank}

I made it:
\define[2]\epigraph{
  \blank
  \startframedtext[right][frame=off,align=flushright,offset=none,width=fit]%
  \startcolor[darkgreen]#2\stopcolor
  \blank{\it – #1}%
  \stopframedtext
  \blank}

For one reason or another \par gave:
    Paragraph ended before \complexdefine was complete.

I also put a color on the citation itself. I am not satisfied with the
color. But I have enough time to decide on the real color.

One thing I am thinking about: making the citation centered and leave the
person right justified. Or is that a bad idea?

--
Cecil Westerhof