[NTG-context] Putting citations in an e-book

Cecil Westerhof cldwesterhof at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 15:36:54 CET 2011

I am making my first e-book. And am now seriously using ConTeXt. But I have
a lot to learn.

In my ebook I want to use citations. In two different way. For starters I
want to let every chapter start with a citation. At the moment I think that
this does not need to be fancy. Just a little bigger font and a different
color and white-space after it. But if there is a better way, I do not mind
to hear it.

The trickier part is in the text itself. I would like to use citations near
the text itself. For example: when I write that you need to set goals to
fulfill your potential, I like to have nearby the citation from Abraham
Lincoln: 'A goal properly set is halfway reached'. I have this seen done in
several way: with and without a surrounding box. With and without flowing
text, etc.

What is the best way to do this? On one side concerning the medium. (I think
that an e-book asks for something else as a normal book.) On the other side
concerning the best way to implement it in ConTeXt.

--
Cecil Westerhof