[NTG-context] problem with tikz remember picture and overlay.

Curiouslearn curiouslearn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 14:02:04 CET 2011

Hello,

I am trying to use tikz's remember picture and overlay for absolute
positioning. With the code below, the content in the tikz picture
appears on a new page after the slide title. I want it to appear on
the same page. Please see the minimal example below. I have explained
with comments where the problem occurs.

Thanks for your help.

    \setuppapersize[S6][S6]
    \setuplayout[backspace=0.5in, width=middle, header=0.25in,
      topspace=0.25in, height=middle]
    \setupbackgrounds[page][background=color, backgroundcolor=linen]
    \setupwhitespace[medium]
    \setuppagenumbering[location=]
    \setupcolors[state=start]
    \setupinteraction[state=start,color=blue]
    \setupcolor[xwi]

    \definehead[slidetitle][subject]
    \setuphead[slidetitle][style=\tfb,
                           color=lightsteelblue]

    \def\SlideTitle#1{\page\framed[frame=off, background=color, %
        backgroundcolor=gray:9]{\slidetitle{#1}}}
    \usemodule[simplefonts]
    \setmainfont[Helvetica]
    \switchtobodyfont[20pt]

    \definehead[slidetitle][subject]
    \setuphead[slidetitle][style=\tfb,
                           color=lightsteelblue]

     \def\SlideTitle#1{\page\framed[frame=off, background=color, %
        backgroundcolor=gray:9]{\slidetitle{#1}}}

    \starttext

     \SlideTitle{Product Characteristics and Quality}

     % This tikz content should appear on the same page as the title,
but it appears
      % on a new page. If I use \subject{Product Characteristics and
Quality} then
      % the tikz content appears on the same page.

     \starttikzpicture[remember picture, overlay]
       \node[xshift=2in, yshift=2in] at (current page.north west)
            [text width = 2in]{Weight?}
     \stoptikzpicture

    % The following content appears on another page after the tikz
content. This is independent
    % of whether I use \SlideTitle or \subject. How can I make all of
these appear on the same page?

     MORE CONTENT HERE