[NTG-context] Gradient in table header

Felix Ingram f.ingram.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 10:24:07 CET 2011

On 5 March 2011 21:36, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
> On 5-3-2011 6:27, luigi scarso wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Felix Ingram<f.ingram.lists at gmail.com>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Is such a thing possible? I'd like to have a gradient changing from blue
>>> to white across my table header, spanning all columns. I'll probably be
>>> using the TABLE environment.
>>
>> you can also see columns set (search in wiki.contextgarden.net or
>> http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/columns.pdf
>> )
>
> each table cell can have a background and one can put a gradient in it using
> an mp graphic

Okay. I've heard of this Metapost thing. After further investigation
it doesn't look as scary as I first thought. I can't seem to find
anything saying that gradient fills are supported directly but I've
found a few examples of drawing multiple shapes with changing colours
which will recreate the effect, so I'll start with those.

Many thanks,

Felix