[NTG-context] Where is bibmod searching for bibliography style files?

Florian Wobbe Florian.Wobbe at awi.de
Sun Mar 6 20:26:09 CET 2011

>> Hi,
>>
>> I created a custom bibliography style file (bibl-mybst.tex) and like to use it with
>>
>> \setuppublications[alternative=mystyle]
>
> There is a mismatch in names: bibl-mybst.tex vs alternative=mystyle. Either the file should be called bibl-mystyle.tex or use alternative=mybst.

Thanks Aditya,

this is a typo in the email only.

>> For obvious reasons I want to move the file from texmf-context/tex/context/bib to some directory in texmf-local. Unfortunately, the file is not found in the texmf-local tree. I have tried several subdirectories using MkIV.
>
> What happens when you run
>
>    mtxrun --locate bibl-mybst.tex

This works when I regenerate the file database (which I forgot before).

> Does everything work if you keep the file in the current directory?

I tried this and then I had a blank reference list. I thought the reason was that context did not find the file but now I realise this is not the case. I'm trying to figure out what happens.

This is strange: When I setup a list with

  \setuppublications[alternative=apa]

I get a blank reference list.

When I use this (non existent file) line instead

  \setuppublications[alternative=not-existing]

context complains about not finding bibl-not-existing but I get a reference list! I'll try with a minimal example.

Florian